HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENT
Venus Versa™ uses light-based technology to get rid of unwanted hair on the face and body. It
works by destroying the hair follicle under the skin’s surface, which stops it from growing. The
result is smoother, hair-free skin.
The Ideal Candidate:
Someone who has unwanted hair on their face or body, and who wants to reduce hair growth in a particular area.
Key Patient Benefits:
Smoother, hair-free skin
Safe and quick treatment sessions
BEFORE THE TREATMENT
1. Am I a good candidate for this treatment? / Will this treatment work for me?
The best candidate is someone who has unwanted hair on their face or body, and who wants to reduce hair growth in a particular area.
For safety reasons, you may not be able to get this treatment if you have/are:
• Metal or other implants in the treatment area
• Current or history of cancer
• Pregnant or nursing
• Any diseases that can be stimulated by light (e.g. epilepsy)
• History of disease that can be stimulated by heat (e.g. herpes)
• Poorly controlled endocrine disorders (e.g. diabetes or polycystic ovary syndrome)
• Any active condition in the treatment area (e.g. eczema, psoriasis, rash)
• History of skin disorders, keloids, unusual wound healing, or excessively dry and/or sensitive skin
• Any surgical procedures within the past 3 months
• A tattoo or permanent makeup in the treatment area
• Excessively tanned skin
2. I have darker skin – can I still get this treatment done?
Venus Versa™ hair removal treatments work best for light to medium skin tones. The treatment may work on darker skin, but there is a higher risk of discoloration because darker skin has more pigment in it. It’s best to consult with the technician to see if the treatment is right for you. They will perform a test spot and wait between 15 minutes to 48 hours, depending on your skin tone, to assess your reaction to the light.
3. Can I do it during my lunch break?
You may be able to, depending on what part of the body you’re getting treated. If it’s a smaller area, it may only take as little as 15-30 minutes. A larger area, like two full legs, may take up to 60 minutes.
4. How many sessions will I need to see results?
Most patients receive 6-10 treatments per area. The exact number will depend on each individual person and the area being treated.
5. How often/far apart should the treatments be?
Treatments are done 4-6 weeks apart for the face and 4-8 weeks apart for the body.
6. Do I need to do anything to prepare for the treatment?
Make sure your skin is clean. Do not apply any lotions, creams or makeup before your session, and stop using any products that might irritate your skin 2-3 days before. You should also avoid tanning. Depending on where you’re getting a treatment, you may be advised to shave the area on the day of your treatment. Remove all jewelry around the area being treated.
DURING THE TREATMENT
1. How long does a treatment session last?
It depends on what part of the body you’re covering—an upper lip will be much faster than both legs.
2. What does the treatment feel like?
It feels like a really light snap with an elastic band against your skin, or like if someone lightly flicked you, as the applicator moves around the treatment area.
3. Will it be painful?
The applicator has a cooling feature built into it to make the treatment as comfortable as possible, but you might feel a bit of discomfort if you’re treating a more sensitive area, like along the bikini line. If you find it too uncomfortable, let the operator know and they can adjust the treatment accordingly.
AFTER THE TREATMENT
1. How will I feel after my treatment?
If anything, your skin may look dry and feel a little itchy because the operator has to dry-shave the area before starting the treatment. Moisturizing can help relieve the itch. Other than that, you shouldn’t really feel any different after your treatment.
2. How long will the results last and are they permanent?
It really depends on how your hair grows. Some people may see permanent hair removal, while others who see sporadic hair growth in the area may need touch-up treatments to maintain the results.
3. Is there any downtime?
There is no downtime. You can return to your daily schedule immediately after your treatment.
4. Do I need to do anything after my treatment?
Avoid tanning for at least 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after your treatment, and wear sunscreen. You should also avoid hot baths, massages, or any treatment that requires direct contact with the skin for the first 2 days after your treatment.
5. If I got a treatment on my face, can I put makeup up on right after?
Yes, you can apply makeup immediately after your treatment, but make sure you put on sunscreen first.